Monday, December 10, 2007

Forgive me Lord, for I have sinned

So I realize it's been almost a month. What a BUSY month! We've been to Iowa and back and we're still recovering. Anyone who wants to sit in a moving car with Jillian and Jenevieve for 27 hours in a weeks time....feel free!

Jenevieve is still growing and not sleeping. She's not eating that well either ebcause of her teeth. I can not figure out why they won't come through but for some unknown reason they want to stay and irritate her.

Jillian has been sick but is mainly better. She got a cold that turned into an ear infection. Her first one ever. God bless school.

Jason was feeling terrible over the weekend with some kind of viral stomach bug. I won't go into the gory details but you get the idea.

My nephew Dalton turned 15 this weekend if you can believe that. He's definitely not a little boy anymore. How sad but cool at the same time. The best part about him is his sweet nature.

Jillian has been busy at school but she's been telling us she's bored. Any surprise there? She's bored in the Kinder class because it's a lot of busy work for which she is too advanced but we really want to work her her writing and handwriting so it's important she goes. She'll be tested in the spring for Kinder Acceleration and we are sure she'll pass but at the same time we want her fully prepared for 1st grade. Terry gave me a report sent out by the Templeton Group talking about how our nation is deceived into thinking acceleration is not a good option. It's a real statistical report based on lots of data and research and it goes right along with all the research I did myself before deciding to test her in the spring. Frankly I am tired of hearing how people think it's a bad choice. What is a bad choice is to mentally and emotionall torture someone so brilliant. The beauty of parenting is that you get to choose what you feel is best for YOUR child. Jason and I have made this decision with lots of thought and discussion amongst ourselves and professionals. We feel confident acceleration is far and away the best choice for our child at this point. I hope anyone who doesn't agree keeps it to themselves.

We are really looking forward to Christmas. We got a surprise when we found out that not only is Mom coming but so is Mimi as well. We are SO excited to have the two of them here and I know Jillian and Jenevieve are as well! Mimi is the BEST when it comes to putting Jenevieve asleep. None of us seem to have her touch so believe me when I say I'm looking forward to some rest! I am mainly done shopping but I need to find time to wrap presents. I am wondering how some people seem to juggle it all and enver miss a beat! I feel like I'm blundering around in the dark when it comes to juggling. I think some of the problem is the age gap between the girls because while I'm supposed to be dealing with school stuff with Jillian I'm still sleep deprived with Jenevieve. Frankly, the sleep deprivation has become completely normal and if I get more than 6 consecutive hours sleep my body REFUSES to fall asleep. It knows something is WRONG!

Well Jenevieve is now awake and cracking the whip on me. I will post pics and such at a later time.

No comments: