So, things have been busy as usual. Jenevieve has decided sleep is a thing of the past. Last night she woke up at 3am thinking she desperately needed some play time with Daddy. He obliged because in his words, smiling is better than crying. Well, he does kinda have a point. We both dragged our butts out of bed this morning dead to the world. Tonight needs to change or else we won't make it :)
So, I found out something great. Nutramigen makes cans of this Ready To Feed formula. Well, you just add equal parts formula and water. No shaking. Her gas has been WAY better. Although it's somewhat more expensive than the RIDICULOUS cost of Nutramigen is to begin with...if you're not paying $20 a week for gas drops it's actually a savings AND the baby is less fussy. The things you learn as a second time Mom. Honestly I don't think I'll ever go back! The only problem is that the RTF stuff needs to be kept cold once it's opened and THAT is a real PITA. Still, let me weigh my options: Less crying and cheaper or has to be kept cold? Hmmm
Jillian is doing wonderfully st school. She gets a sticker every day for good behavior. We try to praise her for it but we expect it of her as well. Well, at least she doesn't pop her mouth off at school. So tonight, at dinner, it was just her and me. I made this beef stroganoff roast thing and you put it with rice. I really winged it on the rice and it was organic so it had a little different taste. Plus I didn't use any butter or salt because we were using the roast gravy to flavor it. Jason got home late and was not home for this lovely event. Jillian decided she was done with rice. She said she didn't like it. Earlier this week she decided she didn't like spinach even though she's like in in the past. Ugh! So after telling me she doesn't like the rice, I instruct her to finish her meat only. She claimed to have done this but I saw little shreds, lots of them. So I told her to finish those and she said "but they have rice on them!!!" I told her one piece of rice was not going to kill her and of course she immediately rebuttles with the fact that it WILL kill her. Now at this point if the rice doesn't kill her I might! So I repeat that the rice will not kill her. She objects AGAIN. Finally I told her to stop backtalking me. She looks at me with this really patronizing look on her face and speaks to me like my IQ is a 17, and tells me that "I'm NOT backtalking you, just telling you the facts." Lord help me please.
Jason is doing well. He said that he had a good demonstration tonight and a customer is seriously interested in a new line of products. He never tells me anything so for him to tell me this, it must be big.
We are leaving on Saturday to head to Iowa for Thanksgiving. I know Jillian is going to have a blast. Jenevieve will just not sleep so for her that's fun too.
Girls Cooking Day
12 years ago
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great dinner witn Jillian last night. lol. I can't wait till Hailey starts dosing that to us. She has already decided to spit her food at you with a smile when she doesn't like something or if finished then giggles.
I liked your videos and pictures. The baby is getting soo bog!
Kristin
Post a Comment