Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tuesday November 7th

So, just as I thought our morning might make a comeback, I was standing in the closet and I hear Jason yell "We are HORRIBLE parents". Before this I had been changing a diaper, had her all cleaned up, stuck the new diaper on and was about to fasten it when she had diarrhea all over the nice clean diaper. Now, me, being the Positive Pam that I am, I think on the bright side that at least I had a diaper under there. Soo, Jason is yelling and at this point I start thinking that something tragic has happened. Little did I know...it had.

As parents, we are responsible for our 4 year old's homework. Who REALLY gives homework to a 4 year old I was thinking. Then I started thinking about it and got over it because we have a WONDERFUL teacher and her intentions are to get the family together for some "fun". Undoubtedly I'll look back on this and see it as fun but as of right now I am in Turkey Hell. Yes, Turkey. Mrs. Moore sent home a Turkey on thick white paper that had to be cut out and camouflaged. As in, dressed. Of course, it was due Monday. This is why we're horrible parents. It's now Tuesday and surely she's putting these Turkeys up on her bulletin board outside her room and now my kid is going to be the only loser without a dressed up turkey out there. So, I frantically get dressed. It's 7:20. I have to leave in 20 minutes. I run to the garage and blindly grab art supplies and run back in. I tell Jillian to move aside while I work on HER turkey. She decided she wanted a Princess Turkey. Someone PLEASE tell me what goes on a Princess Turkey. We scurried through the Princess Turkey but still made it look cute and she actually got to color a few things herself. Now it's 7:45, we're 5 minutes late and we manage to dash out the door. I have no idea how we'll get there on time. I manage to only get the van up on two wheels one time. I took a short cut to beat a bus I saw coming and left the sorry sucker in the car behind me, behind the bus. I bet next time he takes the short cut. The last thing I needed was to stop a million times. Jillian managed to get to school on time, thankfully. Man, this parenting thing is not for the faint of heart.

So, I ran home, did my hair and got dressed kinda cute because we had the mishap playdate at Chuck E Cheese. I definitely didn't want to LOOK like the Mom that never takes time for herself....we all know one of these, don't we?? I mean, I AM that Mom but I can't appear that way. This SAHM thing is cut-throat. You're supposed to hold it all together all the time. So we showed up at CEC and she had the time of her life. There were 6 little girls all from her class and she thought that was so great. She did the skee ball without managing to get me sued for medical bills by some unsuspecting kid...and she won lots of tickets that resulted in 3 things I'll be throwing away while she sleeps.


Poor Jenevieve was really struggling with her teeth. Her gums are hard and swollen and the drool is non stop. She has to be given tylenol and teething tablets pretty often and I can't WAIT for this to be over. Ok, so it will be awhile, don't burst my bubble.

Last night I actually made dinner. Normally Jason does it. I'm not sure how it's evolved this way but if you eat his food you'd know why I prefer it. I can cook decently, but he cooks exceptionally well. So, I made Tostada's and he made the guacamole. It was delicious. Jenevieve had a repeat of the Squash and Oatmeal. I tried it without the oatmeal and it was a no go. Oh well, who really cares anyways.

We put the girls to bed and all was well until Jenevieve's pascifier fell out of her mouth and hit the bed fram with a loud clanging noise. It took me awhile to get her resettled but then all was quiet in the Hernandez casa. I am going to post some pictures of the girls I took yesterday. They are both so insanely adorable I just can't believe I am so lucky. Even better, they are both SO smart.

No comments: