Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Monday Nov 5th

Monday morning started off easily enough. The baby had slept well so we were actually starting the day off on a positive foot. Jillian even managed to eat her cereal in less than 30 minutes with minimal threats by us. Poor Jenevieve is teething to the point of ridiculous and I am feeling horrible for her. Still, we manage to get Jillian looking all cute and sassy in a pink long sleeved shirt, pink polka-dot skirt and pink tights. She put on her new shoes that Lupe got her and she was adorable. (The shoes are still a little big but you have to roll with the punches around here in the mornings). Life was grand.

UNTIL I realized this was picture retake day. I am going to upload a picture of Jillian's school picture and you'll know WHY we needed picture retake day. The day of pictures I had instructed Jillian how to smile. I wanted her chin up a little, her eyes focused on the camera and for her to show her gorgeous teeth. Did she do any of the above? Hell no. Of course not. This is MY child we're talking about. So, when she gets in the car and shows me how she smiled I take it in stride and suspect that NO photographer would let her make THAT face. Wrong again. We paid $38 for these photos and Jason opens them and starts bellowing and roaring about WHAT kind of an idiot would let her make THAT face. Her regular teacher was sick and at home or else we could have counted on her for sure. She knows us well and would have known we'd be mortified. I digress.

So, I realize it's picture retake day and I have NOTHING for her to wear. I have not ironed anything, her hair is already done and of course, we're low on time. I tell Jason we're going to grit our teeth and accept that this really is her Pre K picture. I'll get my paybacks soon enough when I dredge the picture out at her graduation or wedding or something. Hahaha. Things were fine until I nearly closed her in the door at the drop off line. Our car has those sliding doors, and we all know how little she is! How was I to know she'd be standing where the door was? She screamed and jumped, the Asst Principal was working the drop off line so I had to roll down my window and act like I had everything under control. Did I mention Jenevieve is screaming her gorgeous little head off? I went to Walmart to get Jenevieve some 14K gold earrings because they aren't ALL gold when they use the piercing studs. Gold is too soft to pierce with but I am so scared of the junk in the earrings I knew I had to replace them and this was my opportunity. Finally, home.

That's where this all began. I read my friends blogs and realized a regular person COULD blog. My cousin Sarah who leads this famous life as a missionary in Egypt (well, she's home now) was worthy of having a blog. a SAHM like me? I never thought I needed one. Anyways, me fellow Mother friend showed me hers and I started crafting.

Soon, it was time to pick up Jillian and admit to another Mother that I had double booked Tuesday for a playdate. She and I were supposed to go to Chick Fil A and two other mothers and I were supposed to go to Chuck E Cheese. I decided rather than being rude to either bunch I'd invite the original Mom to Chuck E Cheese. So I get out to the car with Jeneveive still in her terrycloth Carter's footed PJ's and realize she has baby food peas all over them. Oh well. No one will see her anyways. WRONG. The Mother who is the volunteer coordinator for the class is there, holding a file folder. Looking all put-together I might add. I look down and notice I also have dried peas all over my shoulder. Apparently she spit some up on me. I am definitely not pulling the wool over anyones eyes! So after some chit-chat she tells me she's here to plan the Thanksgiving Feast for the class which is a week from Friday. Lord, I just found out about the feast and didn't know parents were planning it. I suck. So, I see little Mia's car drive up and I'm going to talk to her Mom, she opens the door and gets in and I realize it's her DAD. This strange man I've never met and I now have to confess I suck (again). He was nice about it thank God and I took Jillian and hightailed it to the car so I could go home and shower some peas off.

Luckily the day progressed pretty uneventfully from there, Jillian and I played some games and then I went to clip the baby's nails and ended up taking off some skin off her finger when she jerked. Mother of the Year award #47,905. Those are just since Jenevieve has been born, btw. The good news is that although she cried a little it wasn't much and it passed quickly. That God for small miracles. So after dinner of dip (yes....dip for Jason and I....peanut butter graham cracker for Jillian and squash and oatmeal for Jenevieve) we put Jillian to bed and the world was right. The baby fell asleep quickly and there was peace. Ahhhhhh. Can you feel it? I know I could.

The next thing I know it's 2:15 AM and Grunty Bear (as we affectionately call her...sometimes with a Fuss Bucket at the beginning...FBGB for short) decided it was time to eat. So, Jason shook the bottle up and the of course the nipple clogged. I don't know what makes this child clog nipples. The Fast Flow one's don't clog but you give her a fast flow and she acts like you're amputating a limb. Anyways, So I go to twist the nipple and lo and behold the entire bottle comes unscrewed, while upside down. So, as if she wasn't mad enough that the bottle wasn't in her mouth, she was LIVID when she felt all this room-temp liquid all over her little body, the pillow, the blanket, oh my Lord. So I'm freaking out, Jason's so tired it's like talking to a drunk person and it's crazy in there. So, he makes another bottle, I manage to clean her up with some room-temp wipes which woke her up REALLY well and we manage to get everything calmed down...and then Jason and I were just talking. We talk sometimes in the middle of the night since we don't have time during the day. As a side note, Jillian's bed is in our bedroom. For one thing our room is big enough for it but when she found out the baby would be sleeping in there she was having no part of being left out. So we put her bed in the and have dealt with the teeth grinding and talking in her sleep for months now. Anyways, Jason and I are laying there talking, the baby is peacfully eating, and all is calm. Jillian pops off with " Can I get some peace and quiet around here?" Jason and I just look at eachother and start cracking up. She then pops her sassy mouth off with "How is ANYBODY supposed to sleep with all this noise?". Jason is trying to control his hysteria and I kindly (well, kinda) reminded her that HER bedroom was around 2 corners and down the hall and she was FREE to make full use of the bed should she decide to do so.

Little did we know what a precursor that would be to our real morning. Little did we know.

No comments: