Friday, October 24, 2008

This Crazy Week

It's been such a crazy week (or couple of weeks) for us.

Jason her been super busy with work. Last week he had a meeting in Dallas which required him to stay overnight three nights. That lucky dog got three uninterrupted nights of sleep. On the way there (although luckily still in our neighborhood) his transmission went out in his truck. Thank goodness it's a company owned truck! I think he's going to go ahead and keep it and wait until it hits 90,000 and then they'll replace it rather than taking something they already have right now. This week he is busy with inventory. He's planning on adding on to our concete patio (halleluijah!) and I think he might start doing something on that this weekend. Anyways, he's been busy. Every time he walks through the door, he has two girls running at him as fast as they can (Jillian wins but Jenevieve is trying her hardest!) and they are so happy to see him. He's such a great Daddy.

Jillian is super busy in school. She seems happy and is making good grades. She got all A's and all the non-graded stuff was E for excellent. Her conduct has been perfect of course. She enjoys school a lot and we are grateful for that. She's a singing and dancing crazy girl. She enjoys crazy outfits and playing with her sisters (on her terms) and basically running around. She has fun with Girl Scouts too. She is such a happy, energetic and lively human being. We are so blessed to have her.

Jenevieve is a big mess. Capital B-I-G. That girl keeps us on our toes. In the pictures below you can see her sitting on the kitchen table with an array of dangers...including a Sharpie in her hand. That girl somehow crawled out of her highchair and got on the table unbeknownst to me. Yesterday she used a stool to climb up onto the computer desk chair while I was on the phone. Then she loudly banged the keys and clicked the mouse. The screen did all sorts of crazy stuff. If she wouldn't have been dancing and shaking her rump so much she would have stayed up there. Alas, she fell and whacked her head twice going down. She was unphased and trying to get back up there and then threw a good tantrum when I took her out of the room. Later that night she went to her musical train and stood up on the seat of it as well. That girl is trouble. At last check she was 27-28ish lbs which is official back on the chart...I think it's >97% though. Haha. We are so blessed to have her.

Juliette is angelic as usual. Jason says she'll get a Cadillac and the other two will get Schwinn's. :) Last night she slept 7 1/2 hours. Praise God, Halleluijah, and Amen. I'm still unsure if Jenevieve goes 7 1/2 hours without at least shouting once. I'm sure she'll be up in the middle of the night tonight since I'm telling you how wonderful last night was...but truly we are on the road to sleep in this house. It's been a sleepless two years since I got pregnant with Jenevieve. Juliette is soooo smiley and becoming so aware. She is routinely beaten up by her older sister. One day Jenevieve was sticking a spoon she'd taken into the car into the baby's mouth. Of course I had no idea until Jillian ratted Jenevieve out. Yesterday Jillian moved Juliette from a chair to the Bumbo then put on a TV show for her. Whatever works! Jillian couldn't love her sisters any more. Jenevieve is constantly holding Juliette's hand in the car seat. I look back there and they are holding hands. Lord help anyone who attempts to bully Juliette. That girl never does anything wrong, I tell you. Sometimes she wants to be walked to sleep...but considering the behavior of her sisters....she is a dream. You know how they say God never gives you more than you can handle??? That should clue you in to my mental state :D At last check she was 16ish lbs. She has her 4 month on Nov 3 so we'll know more then but she's pretty roly poly like her sisters! We are so blessed to have her.

As far as me, I am doing fine. Staying busy of course. Sleep deprived as usual. Nothing new! Girl Scouts had kept me pretty busy for awhile there but I can see it will have spurts of busy-ness and then not so much. All of the girls in Jillian's troop are so wonderful. I need to make a point to do more stuff for myself but who am I kidding? I have no time! I run 2-3 loads of dishes per day, wash 50ish baby bottles a week (down from 65ish since Jenevieve is off the bottle), about 20ish loads of laundry, and I could go on but I won't bore you :) Right now I'm taking the Jon and Kate Plus 8 Motto: It might be a crazy life, but it's OUR life. I couldn't love my family any more...and that's the truth. Those girls are what keeps me going day after day. They keep my blood pressure up day after day too. We love them so amazingly much.

I am looking forward to Christmas. We're pulling the tree(s) down soon. It's so much effort to do all that you need to keep it up for more than a month. I can't wait for all the pies and the turkey and such. It makes me miss my Grandfather.

That's all for now. This was the rare occasion I got 30 minutes to write...I need to do another load of laundry and then feed the baby one last time and pray to God that she sleeps through the night again. Pray for us!

Lots of love, J

No comments: